RE: Hardware Progress: $319/GF

From: jg nlb (comptelist@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 13:17:58 MDT

To me that's a very interesting question, since i don't follow everything
technical in this list.

I have some current clue about this : for instance just the internet is
getting better for formation in technical fields. One good web site
could/might "take the job" of many lecturers/teachers/professors... And
it's obvious everybody will connect to the best servers, so even the other
servers will be out of work.

I think about the medical doctors also (recently they say there is a
shortage). If more automated devices are used.

Concerning the food industry, if people start uploading, no need for wheat,
proteins, etc ?

>From: Dani Eder <danielravennest@yahoo.com>
>To: sl4@sysopmind.com
>Subject: RE: Hardware Progress: $319/GF
>Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

>Extrapolating to engineering in general, once
>a function that used to be done by humans can
>be cost-effectively replaced by computing, it
>becomes subject to Moore's Law. In addition,
>the humans who did that function will find
>themselves largely replaced, just like human
>manual laborers have been replaced by powered
>machines.
>
>Dani

Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse
http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp.