causal fallacies (RE: Mentifex)

From: Ben Houston (ben@exocortex.org)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 17:15:26 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:
> Sure, I agree with that. But I also thought that some of it was
> interesting...

Interesting [adj.] 1. arousing or holding the attention

I guess reading that piece did interest me. I read it as an exercise in
critical thinking. One striking issue that paper had that I didn't
mention in the last list of problems, was its large use of numerous
types of causal fallacies. Causal fallacies are so easy to commit when
one is working alone or within a group-think environment while exploring
uncharted territory.

Web page on Causal Fallacies:
  http://www.intrepidsoftware.com/fallacy/causal.htm

Web page on Group Think: