Re: [JOIN] Stephen Reed

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 11:02:19 MDT

Hello, Stephen Reed. SL4 now contains representatives from Cyc, A2I2,
Novamente, and SIAI. Cyc has a viewpoint pretty distant from my own, so I
may have to use Ben as an interpreter to say anything about it, but I am
glad that Cyc is out there showing that major projects are still willing to
tackle AI. I am also very fond of Doug Lenat's original Eurisko program,
which I consider to be one of AI's greatest achievements and the original
demonstration that functional decomposition is critical to recursive
self-improvement.