Re: Complexity of AGI

From: Mike & Donna Deering (deering9@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 15:37:00 MDT

Ben Goertzel, you frequently mention the numerous parameters that need to be tuned in your program. I personally don't have any idea what you are taking about ( I program professionally almost exclusively in low-level languages) but have you considered ( I'm sure you have) building in some kind of automatic tuning functions. These parameters must have some meaning that could be continually parallely computed and adjusted. I'm not taking about some EP trial and error scheme but rather getting at the real meaning of each parameter.

Just a suggestion to cut maybe three or four years off your development process.

I wouldn't be offended if you pointed out some really simple reason why this is crazy. After all, I'm not any kind of expert.

I would be really surprised if you said, "Oh my gosh, that's it! We should have this puppy up and running by Thursday!"

Mike.