Re: Singularity Arrival Estimate

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 10:15:39 MDT

> speculation concerning when a particular Singularity
> scenario might occur
> contributes precisely nothing towards the
> achievement of such an
> objective.

Being able to say there is a good chance the world
as we know it will end within 15 years may motivate
some people to get off their collective rear ends
and do something. At least it should be more
motivating than saying the temperature may rise
5-10F in 100 years (global warming scenario).

A supportable estimate should be more motivating
than random handwaving or guesses.

Daniel