Predictions and JOINS

From: Justin Corwin (thesweetestdream@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 16:24:30 MDT

Well well well... What a busy day on SL4!

On Predictions:

I will take bets on this. I'll give you 10-1 odds on 2005-2009 2-1 on
2010-2015 and 15-1 on 2015-2020.

The big bet is U$1 million, minimum bet U$20.

I like conspiracy theories as much as the next guy. But really folks, do you
think Micro$oft, the company where even the coffee cups have security holes
in them, is hiding an AI project that will Conquer the World!!! <da da
daaaa!>

My silly naive ass they are.

For those not good at inferential logic or math. I believe the most in the
range of 2010-2015.

On JOINS

It's always good to have materials scientists. There was a discussion a
little while ago here about a universal fabrication facility, code-named
Santa's Workshop. You in the know, how likely is such a facilty? Is
programmable universal fabrication possible with standard engineering? Would
it cost a fortune? Should I wait until universal assemblers before putting
my plan to rule the world into action?

These questions and more.

On a related note, I'm almost to the point of fielding my budding website
slated to be named thefabricator.org . Are there any among you with
'building things' related papers or essays to contribute? Now keep in mind,
I define 'building things' very loosely.

Well, back to work!

Justin Corwin