RE: Terminology problem

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 14:10:17 MST

I think that if a reader is going to be confused by the phonetic and
typographical similarity between the words "qualitative" and "quantitative",
then this reader is unlikely to be able to understand very much of your
writing anyway.

These words have well-recognized meanings and I suggest you continue using
them in the standard way rather than introducing a different terminology.

-- ben g

p.s. obviously using "continuous" to encompass "integer-valued" just isn't
kosher mathematically...