Definition of intelligence, self-modificaiton, etc.

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 23:53:19 MST

Okay, I couldn't help myself...

Here you will find a version of the article on the definition of
intelligence, mind and self-modification, with no complicated-looking math:

www.goertzel.org/dynapsyc/2002/FormalTheoryIntelligenceNoFormulas.htm

While creating the above version, I found some problems in the last section
of the more formal version, so a new and improved (slightly modified)
version of that one is at the old URL:

www.goertzel.org/dynapsyc/2002/FormalTheoryIntelligence.htm

Now, back to the delightful task of enforcing consistency in the notation
used in the different chapters of our in-preparation book on Novamente....
Almost as much fun as doing my taxes -- which reminds me, hmmm, I think i
was supposed to do those year 2000 taxes a while back wasn't i... uh oh...
the next e-mail will be from debtors prison ;-O [Ben is overtired. Good
night!]

Yours,
Ben G