RE: Date of Singularity

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 20:35:15 MST

I think that the Singularity *could* happen as early as 2015. On the other
hand, as late as 2050-60 also seems possible.

Although there is inevitability at play here, there is also a lot of plain
old luck.

For instance (tongue halfway in cheek), if I'm hit by a bus tomorrow, this
may delay the Singularity a decade or more ;.>
The Novamente design is fully documented so others could in principle
complete it without me, but I'm not sure it would actually happen..

-- Ben [ouch!! now how do I get this tongue out of this cheek!! ouccchhh
owwwww...!!]