HUMOR: Re: FRIVOLOUS: new name for Webmind perhaps needed

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 16:34:08 MST

On Friday, December 14, 2001, at 04:45 PM, ben goertzel wrote:

> I'm afraid we may need to choose a new name for the new Webmind AI
> Engine, since the rights to the name "Webmind" may be held by others
> than myself & my team.  Our current system is pretty different from the
> Webmind Inc. system anyway, in terms of both software architecture and
> mathematics, though it's of course very similar conceptually...

How about BEN G for Brain ENGine.

Or maybe ELI for Engine of Little Intelligence.

Try P VOSS for Positronic VOrtex of Super Stuff. (okay, maybe not that
one)

Maybe MARVIN for Minds Are Really Very INtelligent.

I'll leave the names of other AI researchers as an exercise to the
reader.

(BTW, while I don't think I have to worry about this, these acronyms in
no way reflect my opinion of the researchers in question; the names and
words just managed to work).

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose