Re: Adaptive Intelligence Inc - Incubation

From: ben goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 17:36:05 MST

Hi Brian,

Actually, I'm editing a book with this name

    http://www.goertzel.org/realaibook/

Peter is one of the contributors; Eli is another.

On the private e-mail list consisting of chapter authors for the book, we
had a long discussion about the phrase Real AI and its plusses and minuses.

Ultimately though, no one could come up with anything better.

The best alternative proposed, in my view, was "Artificial General
Intelligence" (put forth by Shane Legg), but, this sounds clunky and long
and boring, and it also doesn't carry the full meaning of Real AI (which is
more closely "Artificial Roughly-Human-Level General Intelligence").

So, until you come up with a better phrase, I intend to keep using this
one...

Try it for a while. "Real AI" grows on ya ;>

ben