Re: Dissection of a Flame

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 12:14:43 MST

On Sunday, December 9, 2001, at 01:41 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Gordon Worley wrote:
>
>> Prior: silly comment made
>
> Bad prior. When I'm being silly, I do this: ;-) Natch. :-) Believe
> it or
> not, Gordon, there are other causes of "things people say that we don't
> agree
> with" besides "silly" thinking. Reasonable people can come to different
> reasoned conclusions given different priors.

My reason for calling your comments silly has nothing to do with my not
agreeing with you. In fact, as far as I'm concerned the comment in
question is not something to even agree or disagree with. My choice of
'silly' was because I thought that was nicer than 'trollish'.

Now please, let's stop this. I don't think anyone really wants to read
this on the list.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose