Re: New Term: Apexmind?

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 23:41:49 MST

At 11:58 PM 12/4/01 -0500, Gordon wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 11:07 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest Prefect:

>But, it still has the built in sense being on top.

That was exactly my point, though perhaps more restrictive than Mitch's
(since he wanted a term that would also cover a Sysop).

>I'd almost be
>tempted to refer to the Sysop as the Moderator, but Moderator is a bit
>weak

I wasn't *really* suggesting `Prefect', you understand (although it amuses
me that it's an anagram of `Perfect'); I was gesturing toward the nature of
the beast under discussion. `Monitor' is another possibility; as are
`Custodian', `Protector' and `Steward'. The last of these is perhaps the
most general and least offensive... although the idea itself remains rather
offensive however it's parsed.

Damien Broderick