Re: New Term: Apexmind?

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 08:20:01 MDT

At 3:31 AM -0500 10/19/01, Matthew Houston wrote:
>What's wrong with "root"?

That's basically the term we already use, but the problem with root
is that it might not mean a person, but also a user on a Unix OS, who
has certain privileges and such. The Sysop is much more like the
operating system, or as I put it, the intelligence behind a
programmed reality that steps in when some kind of intelligence is
needed (decision making, packet sniffing, etc.).

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose