RE: Singularity graphics

From: Aikin, Robert (raikin@velaw.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 07:19:42 MDT

Are you kidding? Who's not paying attention here?

A pyramid? Hebrew lettering? Am I missing something here? The concept
submitted was a symbol for conscious AI (an eye with no style smacking of
religion, e.g. Egyptian Ra) within a unicursal geometric star. Neither is
Jewish. I'm not sure how you managed to find Hebrew lettering in such.
There are no characters whatsoever from any linguistic family. I take it
your parents are (or were) Jewish, and perhaps your upbringing has something
to do with subliminally reading Hebrew characters.

Here is a suggestion: Forget about a mark based upon an object and focus
upon creating a graphic based upon the (English) letters SIAI. Or even
incorporating the first characters of code proposed for Friendly AI as a
symbolic representation.

Robert