[PAPER: UPDATED] Systems for Implementing non Violation of Volition post Singularity

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 22:53:38 MDT

Okay, thanks to the suggestions of the list (okay, Eli and Brain
specifically), I've updated my paper out the Sysop and such. It now
refers to non violation of volition rather than morals (this was
basically an s/morals/non violation of volition/ type change). Also,
it mentions a few important points more clearly that the original
version left out (for example, it's now more clearly state that no
matter what I speculate will happen, it's up to the first SIs, thus
the importance of Friendly AI). Oh, and for those of you who are not
Unix masters, I've included a (very) concise explanation of modes, so
the Permissions section of the paper should make more sense. Again,
a more general explanation is coming, I'm just trying to break down
all my thoughts without excessive use of analogy and keep things
concise.

You can read it all at:

<http://www.rbisland.cx/doc/sing_moral_systems.html>

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose