RE: flare and SIAI

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 19:59:44 MDT

> >be a large-scale AI system. You'll need efficient and robust GC,
> >threading,
> >networking, and so forth.... Sure, this is all known science, but the
> >difficulties of getting it right are shown by the limitations of many
> >existing languages in these areas.
>
> Those are all features of phase one flare =]

Well dude... if you can get a new language with all these features working
robustly efficiently in less than a few years, you'll have pulled off the
greatest achievement in the history of programming languages. Good luck!!
Maybe it *is* possible now, whereas it wasn't in the past, due to the
accumulation of knowledge about implementing programming languages. Maybe
the time to implement a new language will decrease rapidly now that we're
approaching the Singularity. Who knows?? Life is all about finding out...