RE: Augmenting humans is a better way

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 15:53:34 MDT

> That would be excellent. I had gotten the opinion that your new company
> was going to have to paid their previous investors for the rights to the
> ideas and code base. And thus the new investors would have
> control of said.

These will be complex negotiations, which I can't really discuss in this
forum, but my sense based on talking to the involved parties is that it will
come out all right.

Bear in mind that we are not using the old codebase; starting after the
dissolution of Webmind Inc., we have recoded a new Webmind AI Engine from
scratch, in a different programming language and based on a different
software architecture, but embodying essentially the same mathematical and
philosophical concepts.

-- ben