Re: SI as puppet master

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 06:28:22 MDT

At 2:01 AM -0700 6/22/01, James Higgins wrote:
>We slow it down.

For taking over via conversation, yes, I think this might work. The
problem is, though, as posted earlier, that an SI might be able to do
things that look like magic (viz. impossible) to us and thus we will
be unprepared for them. While initially I think I may have blown
this one kind of attack out of proportion qua the other attacks and
escapes possible, I now see how stopping one attack dead is just like
the tall fence post analogy from secruity discussions: just step
around it.

>I think this is as safe as it gets for conversing with any unknown SI.

Based on our current level of knowledge. There's not much more we
can do now, but hopefully we will be able to protect ourselves better
during that shaky time between seed AI and Sysop.

--
Gordon Worley
http://www.rbisland.cx/