Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 13:16:50 MDT

I'm not certain what you refer to by "high tech companies of the scary
variety", but assuming that such do exist and there is a valid threat them
going out of business may be the worst case. Companies are not "scary",
people are. For a company to be significantly scary it would require that
a reasonable fraction of their work force, especially the top end people,
be scary. Taking scary people and freeing them to do whatever they like is
a recipe for disaster. Take me for example. I was just laid off from work
(well, I actually volunteered). Why? Because there are things I want to
pursue and having more free time lets me do just that. Companies actually
slow things down, individuals move quickly. So I'd rather have all of the
scary people heavily involved in a large corporation.