Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: Chris Cooper (coop666@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 15:25:18 MDT

>Jimmy Wales wrote:

>I say (type):
>"Look here, you dumb m------f----r, I'm gonna chat with you. I've a .45 caliber
>Glock strapped to my hip, and if you say the slightest little thing about getting
>out of this here box, I'm going to put all 11 rounds straight through your CPU,
>and then I'm going to make toaster ovens out of your remains, got that?"

Having created an SI, Friendly or Unfriendly, would it be moral to kill, or even
threaten to kill Ver? Sounds like murder to me, or at least justifiable homicide. (and
I know homicide is the wrong word to use, I'll happily entertain substitutes) I
suppose that you could argue it as a case of self defense, although entering the box
with a gun, and threatening harm, might be seen as premeditation. If you want to act
in accordance with the same rules of Friendliness as your eventual Sysop, what exactly
do you do in this instance? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

COOP