Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 18:07:55 MDT

Thank you, I was going to use that as a point myself.

A SI would certainly have a huge collection of knowledge & facts that
humanity does not yet know. Now, by carefully selecting which information
to give to a person, it could be quite easy to motivate them to do specific
things. Reading "Staring Into the Singularity" probably had a significant
impact on your beliefs and expectations of the future, and that wasn't even
written by an SI. So I have very little doubt that an SI could fairly
easily (for them) convince a human of just about anything, regardless of if
they are in the same room, over a phone, over a VT100 or even via email.

Haven't posted for awhile, but I'm still here. Just been very busy trying
to get a new venture funded (what a pain)...

James Higgins