Re: Coercive Transhuman Memes and Exponential Cults

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 23:14:52 MDT

Gordon Worley wrote:

> On a side note, I think the Sysop scenario page needs some work.
> Maybe it's already been improved some in internal versions that
> Eliezer may be working on, gearing up for 1.0, but I think that it's
> vague and there is a lot more to it than is mentioned on that page.

It's been improved slightly. Not as much as it needs to be. The Sysop
Scenario really deserves its own page - and *not* in CFAI.

<RANT>
Am I the only person in the Universe with access to a keyboard? Is there
a law of nature that states *I* have to write everything? Currently the
laws of nature seem to state that I never have *time* to write more than
1/10, or at most 1/3, of what really should be written on any given
subject. You could call this Asimov's Law of Robotics, which states that
nobody has the time to write anything, except Isaac Asimov, who could
write fifty books a year, because he was a robot.
</RANT>