RE: FW: Group releases "Friendly AI"

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 18:53:18 MDT

> It's quite likely that the story will lead to
> *some* major change in SIAI's circumstances,
> but I think that would be because someone who
> can make a difference read it, not because it
> will lead to fame in general (with all of its
> consequences).

Indeed.

We had a fair bit of press about Webmind in 1998.

Then we decided to hide from the media, and did so very successfully. When
they called us, we just didn't tell them anything.

Now, due to the circumstances, I decided it made sense to talk to the media
about Webmind again... perhaps this was the wrong choice, but hey...

ben