RE: ARTICLE: Memory bandwidth

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@webmind.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 10:10:23 MDT

> I wrote (to Eli): "I would suggest
> you concentrate effort on the development issues (like
> flexibility) rather than speed issues."

This is generally good advice. But we at Webmind definitely overdid this.
We built a beautiful OO system, easy to modify and experiment with in
principle... except that it was so fucking slow and memory-intensive that
experimentation was almost impossible ;p . So we spent a long time
speeding it up, and the effort is ongoing...

"Moderation in all things, including moderation" -- Ben Franklin ;>

ben