Biological Singularity

From: jpp22 (JPP22@student.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 19:53:50 MDT

Has there been any thoughts to a biological entity
as the singularity? And I do mean something more
than just a bunch of cultured neurons.

I guess the problem would be that biotech research
has been kind of lagging behind expectations. So
that by the time a being of sufficient intelligence
could be engineered, we would already have a electrical
system capable and problably already there.

Actually I wonder if once a AI is improving itself
it decides to move in to a biological host...
hmmm. :)

Joel