META: Check spelling and make longer posts

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 13:42:26 MDT

Lately I've seen some degeneration of post quality, in terms of things
like capitalization, punctuation, spelling, correct use of apostrophes,
syntax, and so on. Please remember that we are not fanatics - but we do
care, and that we have considerably more than sixty subscribers here, so
it's worth at least a minute to save everyone else a second.

Also, posts should be larger than trading one-liners back and forth - if
you're arguing about something and you have a one-line reply, try to write
a bit more to go with it. With respect to the debate about Moravec's
estimates, in particular, I wish that people would take a paragraph to
argue their opinions, and who knows, maybe even use Google, rather than
just posting flat "I think X" or "I think Y".

You'll note that this post DOESN'T say:

--
I think that every one should spell more correctly and also that people
should write longer than one line replys....