Re: Fw: Singularity intros (was: Si definition of Friendliess)

From: Chris Cooper (coop666@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 16:54:51 MDT

Arona Ndiaye wrote:

>I do not 'hope'. I stopped doing so the day I realized it had nothing to do
with reality.<

I hope that it is merely a matter of translation, but damn, that sounds harsh!

 I do hope that the world becomes a better place, and I do hope that the
Singularity is the best means towards that end. If that "hope" guides my
actions in such a way that I help to make the world a better place, by
hastening the Singularity, or just helping someone carry their groceries, then
I think that my hope did have something to do with reality. That doesn't make
me a Pollyanna; it just makes me a little more at peace with myself, I guess.

Now praying...There's a waste of time!!

COOP