RE: Gender Neutral Pronouns

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 21:43:46 MST

At 11:24 PM 3/31/2001 -0500, you wrote:

> > >I understand this is meant well, but AIs aren't that fragile.
>
>Ummm... actually, real AI's don't really exist yet. At least not on Earth,
>to my knowledge...
>
>Sure, a hypothetical way-transhuman AI won't care much about what humans
>think, even less than we're offended if a particular cat doesn't like us.
>We're amused, not offended.
>
>But along the way, emotionally fragile AI's are not unthinkable...
>
>ben

I believe emotionally fragile AIs won't be permitted to progress very
far. Such an AI could pose a great risk to our future health & well
being. If we are to have any reasonable shot at developing a super AI
without endangering ourselves, it would almost certainly have to be
emotionally stable at all times throughout the progression.