Re: Deliver Us from Evil...?

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@well.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 15:37:35 MST

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 03:52:08AM +0100, Dale Johnstone wrote:
> Ignoring humans is not Friendly - it won't do that.
> Killing humans is not Friendly - it won't do that.
> Helping humans is Friendly - it will do that.

My perhaps-naive response is to say that a lot of evil can be done
in the name of "helping people." Hello, have you looked at any legislation
Congress has passed in the last few decades? But perhaps I'm missing
something here; hence my next question.

> Please have another go at reading Eli's Friendliness paper.

Do you have a pointer?

Thanks,
Declan
declan@well.com