Re: How To Live In A Simulation

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 01:13:46 MST

At 08:42 PM 3/19/2001 -0700, gabriel C wrote:
><snipping about ten people>
>
>forgive me, but isn't uploading an SL3 issue?
>
>how about an "SL3 & below list"
>low traffic like this, with high quality discussion, moderated,
>keeping discussion to things that don't quite make this list...?

Well, I would imagine that would depend on what you are uploading into. If
uploading into VR, then that is SL3 (ie: old hat). If transcending via
uploading, then that is SL4. I'm mostly concerned with the singularity
myself, but uploading into VR may be a necessary step on the way there.

Speaking of shock levels, I'm a bit curious. How many people are actually
at SL4? The definition of which would be that they accept the singularity
as a near certainty and plan accordingly. Or is there a better definition?