Re: From chaos to minds

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 14:20:44 MST

At 3:47 PM -0500 2/28/01, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
>Gordon Worley wrote:
>>
>> What I am proposing is that the end result of minds will always be
>> the same thing. I agree that there may be gravityminds and the like
>> along the say to the paragon mind, but there will be only one kind of
>> paragon mind.
>
>This is, beyond doubt, a possibility and a major one... but how do you
>know that? I thought your species was too young to know that sort of
>thing.

Point. I'm extrapolating. As it stands, I'm going off of intuition
and trying to find the most aesthetically pleasing system. Consider
this my hypothesis and I'll either prove it or disprove it (and,
hopefully, others will, too) in the comming decades, centuries, or
however long it takes to find enough evidence. Just as physicists
can't accelerate heavy particles as of yet, I can't know about other
minds and mindish things, but that isn't going to stop me from making
guesses at what such things are like.

>No offense.

None taken.

--