Re: Military in or out?

From: Damien Broderick (d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 23:30:42 MST

At 11:06 PM 25/02/01 -0500, Eliezer wrote:

>The army of clones is a space-operatic concept with absolutely no basis
>*whatsoever* in reality. It is *made up* from top to bottom.

Well yes, but--

The army of psychic remote viewers is a 1950s sf concept that you'd think
would have absolutely no basis whatsoever in reality. But the military paid
for just such a project, and didn't wind it up until comparatively
recently. See Jim Schnabel's very entertaining REMOTE VIEWERS.

>Unless someone can provide me with documentation of a military interest in
>cloning, in which case I've just been an idiot.

My analogy is by no means a strict one, and does not try to prove anything,
but it's possible that you've just been an idiot (if only because, judging
from the remote viewing case, on the standard interpretation this was the
military being idiots).

Damien

Dr Damien Broderick / Senior Fellow, Department of English and Cultural
Studies
        University of Melbourne, Parkville 3052, AUSTRALIA
        @: <d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au>
        Unofficial biography/bibliography site:
        http://www.thespike.addr.com
Australian Business Number (ABN): 98 674 378 153