Re: SL5

From: Spudboy100@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 08:57:53 MST

I am not sure that Ben's shocklevel is Not more profound at SL2, then it is
at SL3. If a culture has already experienced SL-2, then SL-3 is merely an
extension. If the Galaxy is discovered to be, mostly non-biotic and
non-intelligent; then what inpact is star-travel? Intelligent aliens created
out of petri dishes seem much more dramatic to me, because they become the
human species' Mind Children; to quote Moravec and Minsky. Opinions?

In a message dated Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:07:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Ben