(no subject)

From: gabriel C (drachyneyes@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 20:48:20 MDT

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, gabriel C wrote:
>
> > or maybe not even that complicated.it could easily transmit itself on
>any
> > number of frequencies, from elf (extremely low frequency, used by subs)
> > to microwave transmission. some freqs reach around the world, like hf
>(high
> > frequency) and then it is everywhere...
> > there is simply no way to deal with it once it's here. our job is just
> > getting it here.
> >

> well, i get the spirit of the message, but the literal
>implications are really pushing it. after all, the confined seed is not
>_literally_ omnipotent; there will still be things it can not do -- and i
>would guess transmitting elf signals while off web and without a hardware
>transmitter would be one of those things.
>
>-x

i have been a "two way" radio technician for 6 years.i know from experience
that it takes very little to make an effective radio: basically, a power
source, some assortment of signal producing components such as resistors,
capacitors, inductors, etc, and an antenna.
even a regular home pc has enough hardware inside it to manufacture several
simple fm transceivers from. an ai will be on an extremely powerful
computer, and it would be child's play for it to reroute some of its voltage
to become signal voltage,and some of the hardware it runs on to be an
antenna. voila, the ai flies all over the planet...

gabriel