RE: [SL4] Entropy is easier than Extropy. Or is it?

From: Sean Kenny (sean@irvken.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 05:43:56 MDT

> I don't think you should assume that just because lasers didn't
> really take off as weapons, nanotech won't either. There's a
> massive difference between them. Lasers need huge amount of
> energy to do any damage and don't immediately avail themselves to
> destructive applications. Self-replicating machines on the other
> hand could be massively destructive from day 1.

I think I read about this somewhere recently. The first military application
to come out of current nanotechnolgy research has already happened. I think
it's some submarine that has been given a new surface coating of something
nano-related.

High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from
Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3010/6/_/626675/_/956144415/