Re: [SL4] Greg A's big idea

From: Greg A (greg.a@facttechnologies.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 09:52:26 MDT

http://www.facttechnologies.com/newworld/htmlVersion/NewWorld.htm

Sorry it's not that pretty-looking.

I should warn you in advance that this paper just barely introduces the
concept of fact-based computing, and is probably not worth much to you guys.
It was intended to be a white paper about our WIDE technology.

It's what I was working on when all the realizations started coming
together. This was written before I found E.F. Codd's treatment of facts as
n-dimensional objects (which surprised the hell out of me and started me
thinking), and before Dave reminded me of the existence of Minsky's theory
of agents.

I still can't believe I had forgotten about Minsky's work. I think it's
because I was using MicroStrategy's Agent(TM) tool (which has the precursor
for the full-fledged Saylor-Codd machine in it) for so long as an instructor
that I'd forgotten other definitions of the word. :)

- Greg

Greg A
Chief Executive Officer
Fact Technologies LLC