Re: Evidence that the universe is simulated

From: x@extropica.org
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 19:43:11 MST

On Jan 23, 2008 6:10 PM, Matt Mahoney <matmahoney@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If we assume that the simulators are run by something resembling humans, or
> that they have limited computational power. But we can't.

Tell me, Human, what is this unlimited computational power of which
you speak? Our scientists and philosophers, indeed all elements of the
Culture, recognize the folly and paradox of attempting to model
infinities.

It seems quite strange also that you seem not to recognize "agency"
but to the extent it somehow resembles humans.

Can you explain these curiosities? We value nothing more than to understand.